Desire Clarification, Part II







STEP TWO – INTENTION

Now set action objectives.  (More specific than goals)

·      Objectives are:
o   Attainable
o   Very specific
o   Measurable
o   Start and completion dated


STEP THREE –- ALLOW

·   If one of your objectives doesn’t work it is not a FAILURE.  It is a stepping stone toward what will work. (Remember Edison’s search for a light bulb filament.)  Begin again.


STEP FOUR – SURRENDER


·  This step is for those who have Spiritual belief and choose to use their Greater Power --- ask for guidance.



MORE ON THE CONCEPT OF ALLOWING

It is safe to assume that most of us are aware of the benefit to our quality of life by developing a high level of tolerance.  We know that the opposite of tolerance is intolerance; and that intolerance leads to defensiveness and judgment; and that judgment is the mother of prejudice.  Our stress is greatly influenced by our level of tolerance.  Now let us consider taking tolerance to its maximum by developing the mindset of allowing.   And thereby reduce our stress.

If an undesirable event happens and it stresses me it is a choice and I have accepted “victimhood.”      A case in point:  In national elections some of us are conservatives and some are liberals and will vote to support our position.  If the election does not go my way, I can become stressed and experience a reduction in my quality of life.  Or, I can accept the philosophy of Ekhart Tolle and “allow” – It is as it is- and release it and thereby release the stress it can cause. 
   
Let me leave you with another thing to consider:  

Once again, victimhood is always a choice.  An alternate way of dealing with any event that could produce stress is to ask the question, “What can I learn from this unwanted event?”  If I do in fact learn something, the event was a blessing.



I welcome your comments and questions. One of the greatest gifts you could give me is the gift of interaction and conversation.


Peace,

Bud.

No comments:

Post a Comment